The Muswell Hill Preschool

  • client
  • The London Preschool Company Ltd
  • contract value
  • £2,500,000
  • date
  • 2020
  • sector
  • Education
  • location
  • London
  • contact
  • Steve Rayner

The imposing Tetherdown Hall was built originally in 1928 by Stanley Griffiths as a community Hall linked to the adjacent United Reformed Church. The London Preschool Company acquired the building in 2017 with the intension of creating not only another high-quality learning environment but also an operational headquarters for their expanding operation. The building is locally listed and within the Fortis Green Conservation Area.

Substantial works were undertaken. The roof structure was removed to allow for the insertion of a new administration floor, and a mezzanine floor was created in the large double height hall.

The external fabric was substantially overhauled; the brickwork was cleaned and the windows repaired

The site opened for children in 2020.